Captain Thomas Brereton
An Irish gentleman who settled in London but whose military profession
brought him to Edinburgh, Thomas Brereton was a man of Great Britain.
- Ash Park, Tipperary
- Thomas Brereton of Clonanchy
- Anne Laurence of Ash Park
- Captain in the Cambridgeshire militia
- Known as 'English Tom', of Berkeley Street, London.
- Chapel connection
- 1812 (baptism)
- Maria Brereton
Watson, his first cousin once removed.
- Honoria Anne (1812), Thomas (1814), Henry (1816), William
(1818), Caroline (1820), Robert (1823)
- Honoria Anne was born at Peebles suggesting Thomas was stationed there with Captain Sankey who had died the previous year.
- Registers of Charlotte Chapel (NAS CH12/3)
- Burke's Irish Family Records (Burke's Peerage, London, 1976)
Back to index