Miss Grace Dirom
- 9 May 1769 - 2 February 1814
- Banff. Alexander Dirom of Muiresk
'occupied the town-house in Banff, on the site of which the present North of
Scotland Bank is built.' (5) He was Provost at the time of Grace's birth.
- Alexander Dirom, writer, of Muiresk, and Provost of Banff
(3) d. 1788 (4)
- Annie Fotheringham (m.1754). Alexander had previously been
married to Mary Mark, daughter of another Provost.
- Chapel connection
- 1814 (funeral)
- Related to
- Her sister Sophia in 1792 married George Duff, who
'died fighting gloriously at the Battle of Trafalgar' (5), cousin of Adam Duff and the others.
- Registers of Charlotte Chapel (NAS CH12/3)
- Edinburgh Post Office Directory 1818
- The Scots Magazine and Edinburgh literary miscellany 1814 vol.76 p.319
- The Edinburgh magazine, or Literary miscellany Monthly Register for 1787, p.10
- James Imlach, History of Banff (Robert Leask, Banff, 1868), p.91 online
Back to index