Mary Douglas (Gordon)
- James Douglas first earl of Morton
- Agatha daughter of James Halyburton of Pitcur
- When her husband was alive they lived at 2 St Andrew's Square. She is ex-directory after this.
- Chapel connection
- 1816 (funeral)
- Married on
- 14 May 1774
- Charles Gordon Earl of Aboyne (1726-1794), his second wife.
After a long minority he cleared his estate from debt and improved it.
- Douglas Gordon, b. Marylebone 1777, succeeded to
the estate of Pitcur and assumed name of Halyburton of Pitcur. Served with
Royal Scots, assistant QM General 1803, married in Dublin daughter of Sir
Edward Leslie of Tarbert, Co. Kerry.
- Related to
- Her step-daughter Margaret Gordon was Susan Beckford's mother
Dalmahoy House (4)
- Registers of Charlotte Chapel (NAS CH12/3)
- Edinburgh Post Office Directory 1818
- The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain
and the United Kingdom. ed. The Hon Vicary Gibbs. (London 1913) vol.1 p.54
- Dalmahoy, Wikipedia accessed 23 June 2010
Back to index