Henry Alexander Douglas
- Third son of Sir William Douglas 4th Baronet of Kelhead (d.1783)
- Grace Johnstone (d.1836), daughter of William Johnstone of
- Merchant in London and Director of the Provincial Bank of
Ireland from 1825. He went bankrupt in 1836.
- Wealth at Death
- Religious views
- A son John erected a memorial window
to Henry and Elizabeth in Old St Pauls
- Chapel connection
- 1813 (baptism)
- Married on
- Elizabeth Dalzell
- William Henry (1813), Robert Johnstone-Douglas (1814) m.
daughter of the Marquess of Queensberry, Henry Alexander (1821) who became
Bishop of Bombay (4), Edward Octavius of Kilchassie (1830).
- Related to
- Brother of Charles Douglas
- Registers of Charlotte Chapel (NAS CH12/3)
- Edinburgh Post Office Directory 1818
- I am grateful to Catherine McCourt for information from her meticulous family history research.
Back to index