- - 24 October 1816
- In 1812 he was living in Rose Street (3). In 1816 he moved
to 34 Castle Street
- Grocer, then spirit dealer
- Assessed taxes 1812
- He paid 6s tax for house and windows, which
had a rental value of £6. He had a tax allowance for three children.
- He died of typhus fever, the only occasion on which cause of death is noted in the funeral register.
- Chapel connection
- 1811 (baptism)
- Helen Hall
- Margaret (1811), James (1813), Jane (1814), Charlotte (1815)
- Registers of Charlotte Chapel (NAS CH12/3)
- Edinburgh Post Office Directory
- Assessed taxes for the Burgh of Edinburgh year ending at Whitsunday 1812, National Archives of Scotland E327/54
Back to index