Archibald John Primrose
- Barnbougle Castle, Dalmeny
- Neil Primrose
- Mary Vincent, daughter of Sir Francis Vincent of Stoke d'Abernon
- Dalmeny. He built the splendid
Dalmeny House in 1817, moving the family seat from Barnbougle Castle.
- Political views
- Whig. MP for Helston (1805) and Cashel (1806).
Representative peer 1818, 1820 and 1826
- Fourth Earl of Rosebery
- He was involved in the fouding of the Edinburgh Lancastrian
Schools about 1813, with various other members of the chapel.
- Chapel connection
- 1813, baptism
- 20 May 1808
- 1. Harriet Bouverie,
divorced for adultery; 2. Anne Margaret Anson, 1796-1882
- Archibald (1809), Harriet (1810), Mary Anne (1812), Bouverie Francis (1813)
- Registers of Charlotte Chapel (NAS CH12/3)
- Edinburgh Post Office Directory 1818
Back to index