- c.1794 - 2 July 1816
Dunstan, East London
- James Strachan Esq. At his marriage in 1787 he was a
merchant in East London.
- Mary Leigh, one of five daughters and co-heirs of John
Leigh, esq of Northcourt, Isle of Wight, and Miss Turner of Oxfordshire.
- At the time of his death his family lived at 134
George Street. His father first appears in the Edinburgh directory in 1807.
- Assessed taxes 1812
- His father's house had 11 windows and a rental
value of £50. He paid armorial bearings tax, and claimed an allowance for
two children. (3)
- Registers of Charlotte Chapel (NAS CH12/3)
- Edinburgh Post Office Directory 1818
- Assessed taxes for the Burgh of Edinburgh year ending at Whitsunday 1812, National Archives of Scotland E327/54
Back to index