- c.1776 - 1852
- William Young
- Margaret Malcolm, b.1741 in Dunblane, daughter of Magnus
Malcolm and Janet Menzies (4).
- In 1841 David Young, (65, 'Independent'), lived at 28
Queen Street, with Mrs Helen Young (40) Eleanor (23), Wm B (surgeon, 22), Rbt H
(20), David (19), Cath Jane (10), Isabella (8), Jas A (6), Jn Achd (5). Their
servants were Mary Kirkwood (25), Helen Soppen (35), Johanna Cairns (30), Miss
Cameron (30), Mary Watt (20) and Ann McKay (20)
- Cornhill, now a suburb of Aberdeen.
Cornhill House and its large garden have disappeared.
- Wealth at death
- £500, mostly from land.
- Chapel connection
- 1816, wedding, in Mrs Baker's house in Hermitage
- Married on
- 12 August 1816
- Williamina Helen Baker
- David, Sarah, and Eleanor, William Baker (1818), Charles
(1819), Robert Hunter (1820), David (1821), Helen (1824), Patrick Henry (1826),
Catherine Jane (1831), Isabella (1833), James Addison (1834, went to Australia),
Archer (1836, born in Edinburgh).
- Related to
- It seems likely he was related to Alexander Young, factor to the Duke of Hamilton,
as Hamilton's father-in-law William Beckford was lord of the manor to David's
father-in-law William Baker; however, Young is a common name and their immediate
ancestors are from different ends of Scotland.
- Registers of Charlotte Chapel (NAS CH12/3)
- Edinburgh Post Office Directory
- David Young's Will and Inventory, National Archives of Scotland SC1/37/33/295 and SC1/36/33/369
- 'Ancestors of Charles Herbert Young', Website accessed 30 January 2012
- 1841 Census, Scottish Family History Centre
Back to index